Zinc IV benefits
Zinc IV benefits
Zinc is an essential mineral that supports your health in several ways. Our bodies cannot produce or store zinc, so it’s important to get enough through your daily diet or supplementation.
Can zinc help with viruses?
Studies show zinc prevents the virus that causes common colds from replicating. This means cold suffers are sick for fewer days, with less severe symptoms.
Zinc: the big picture
Zinc is required for many critical life functions including:
- Immune system
- Protein and collagen synthesis
- Healing wounds
- Proper gene expression
- Enzymatic reactions (for metabolism, digestion & many other functions)
- Human growth and development
Zinc is even necessary for our senses of smell and taste to work. Zinc is found naturally in many types of food, but certain health conditions or habits (like heavy drinking) can cause too much zinc to be lost, rather than absorbed.
IV therapy is the perfect medium for boosting zinc levels because it bypasses the digestive tract and sends zinc and other nutrients directly to your bloodstream where it can be absorbed quickly and fully by your cells.
3 key zinc benefits you cannot ignore
Zinc can help keep you healthy
Not getting enough zinc can weaken the immune system, leaving you more vulnerable to infections from viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
Zinc fights oxidative stress, stimulates specific immune cells, and can even reduce how long you’re sick.
Zinc helps skin heal
Zinc is necessary for a healthy inflammatory response, wound healing, and collagen synthesis. Zinc is recognized by doctors as an effective treatment for healing skin ulcers, burns and other wounds.
Zinc plays a critical role in maintaining the skin’s barrier, and low zinc levels are associated with a greater incidence of atopic dermatitis (eczema).
Zinc reduces inflammation
Zinc is an antioxidant, meaning it decreases oxidative stress, and has been shown to diminish inflammatory protein markers.
Oxidative stress and inflammation have been associated with a wide range of chronic diseases and conditions including heart problems, cancer, and cognitive function. Preventing chronic inflammation and its associated diseases is immensely important in terms of improving and protecting your overall health.
Zinc has also been extensively studied in connection to a wide array health benefits including:
- Fights chronic fatigue
- Enhances weight loss
- Diminishes bone loss
- Boosts libido
- Alleviates symptoms of depression
- Treats alopecia (an autoimmune disease-causing hair loss)
Zinc is a vital mineral for people of all ages. If you are experiencing symptoms you believe could stem from a zinc deficiency, contact our wellness center to schedule an IV drip or to discuss your concerns with one of our medical staff.
IV treatments with zinc
Several of our IV therapies include zinc:
- Immune Boost
- Cold & Flu Relief
- Stress Relief
- Post-Surgery Recovery
- Vitamin C Boost
- Energy Boost
- Party Prep
- Athlete Prep
- Fitness Recovery
- Brain Boost
- Jet Lag Relief
- Hemila, H. Zinc lozenges and the common cold. [PubMed.gov]
- Bhattacharya, Surajit and Mishra, R.K. Pressure ulcers: current understanding and newer modalities of treatment. [PubMed Central]
- Gray, N.A., Dhana, A., Stein, D.J., Khumalo, N.P. Zinc and atopic dermatitis. [PubMed.gov]
- Lubberts, Erik., Van Den Berg, Wim B. Cytokines in the Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Collagen-Induced Arthritis. [Madame Curie Bioscience Database]
- Roma Pahwa; Amandeep Goyal; Pankaj Bansal; Ishwarlal Jialal. Chronic Inflammation [StatPearls]
- Rao, Goutham M.D., Rowland, Kate M.D. Zinc for the common cold – not if, but when [PubMed Central]
Accepted Payments for IV Therapy
We accept cash and most credit cards, including VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Our services are HSA (Health Savings Account) approved, so you can also pay that way. We do not accept insurance, but our costs are typically less than what you can expect to pay for an ER copay, without having to sit in a waiting room.